August 30th, 2006
Well everyone, I'm pleased to announce the opening of:
Scrivenshaft Challenge Cycle VII - September 2006 : "The True Rendition"
Cycle Dates: 29 August 2006 - 30 September 2006
It is a time of war, filled with actions that can shake the very foundations of spirit, with deeds done to help or hinder a cause that threaten even the strength of the beliefs that started the conflict. A time when pledges are renewed, made, and broken, when the character of every soul involved in the fight is tested, even bent under the pressure, and when even the strongest of faith face losing themselves along the way. A time when bravery - and cowardice - are paramount, the stories of each falling into place, combining to ultimately decide the outcome.
It is your turn to tell the tale. Who has taken up the battle, and who has fled? Choose a character or group of characters from any applicable era to address. What set of secrets or beliefs are driving the character, and what deeds does the character commit because of them? How has the character changed through the course of war, if at all? Did the character rush into the fight without pausing to consider, or is the character an unwilling participant? Hero or villain, the story must be told.
1. Lily, James, Harry, and Remus may not be used as a main character of your entry.
2. Events of your entry may not take place anywhere on the Hogwarts grounds.
3. There must be a character involved in your entry who is not fully human.
4. Please make use of HP resources to keep actions and personalities as close to HBP-canon as possible.
1. You may submit as many entries as you like.
2. Please do not submit an entry with a rating higher than R.
3. Please stay within the spirit of the prompt. Take advantage of its hints of personality, tone, and suspense. Exploit these to your advantage.
4. Before submitting your entry, proofread it for spelling, punctuation, or grammatical mistakes.
5. Entries should be no longer than 4,000 words. Entries of over 4,000 words will be disqualified.
6. All entries must be received by 11:59 CST on September 30 to be included for judging.
7. Submit your entries to email@example.com. You may send the entry as an attachment or in the body of the e-mail. Be sure to title the e-mail "Cycle VII Entry" and include the following information:
Number of words:
Stay tuned for information on the Judging Pool, which will be opening soon! If you have any questions about the prompt, feel free to comment below, or hop over to the forums.
August 03rd, 2006
I first want to say that I'm very excited at becoming an administrator and heading the Scrivenshaft Challenges! I know that I'm no Holly, but I hope that doesn't deter you from, say, getting to know me, or getting involved with the Challenges in the future. *grin*
That said, I'm still in the dreaded transitory phase, attempting to get various details concerning the Challenges ironed out, and I'd love it if you would perhaps stop by the Scrivenshaft Challenge threads of the forum and drop me some feedback of what you are expecting from the Challenges when they start back up again, or you can simply look to the right and answer the four polls I've posted concerning the Challenges--it's your choice, and either way, your opinions really do mean a lot to me.
Thanks guys, have a great day, and with any luck, I'll be posting with a new prompt *soon*.