CafePress Quotes

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Unknowable Room Forum Index -> Suggestion Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden
Unknowable Task Force (Staff)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: CafePress Quotes Reply with quote

The admins need some good quotes to go on the up and coming CafePress merchandise, so I though I'd be a good Samaritan and start up this thread. :)

What quotes/Ur-centric idea would be good for the new merchandise at CafePress?

Passing Admin, could you make this post either an Announcement or Sticky? Thanks. :)
missers
The Elder Wand (Admin)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything for you, darling. Thanks for starting the thread. =)

missy. caffe
The Elder Wand. UR.org admin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alya1989262
Getting a Smeltings Stick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I feel we just have to have a Commentarius t-shirt:
"Observant Lily: Day 1
Total Observations: 0"
Or something.
What say the amazing Beedaily?

2) I'm a big fan of Carondelet's, but she isn't as reknowned as she might be, given the quality of her stories. I still think we should have a "Parchment Scroll Writer" t-shirt.

3) A Scrivenshaft design! I have two suggestions for this. I really liked the first challenge, especially the following quote: "The oath of silence in regards to the heretofore hush-hush incident with the Kneazle in the bathtub shall be breeched."
And there was that phrase that Holly put next to the current cycle schedule, "can't you hear those quills a-scribblin'?". It sounds like a Scrivenshaft catchphrase of sorts.

4) Prelude to Destiny: "And his lips would not let her talk anymore."

5) Hourglass Awards t-shirts, maybe?

6) Silly Love Songs: "Love songs, like romance novels or movies, were simply that – songs, movies and novels."

7) I also love Y Kuang's Train Ride. Especially: " She laughs to herself, indulging in a moment of self-pity that she hasn't allowed herself to feel for the last hundred and sixteen minutes.

Not that she's been keeping count."

Okay, I'm done now. I'll be sure to let you know if any more crazy ideas pop into my head. *g* I know some of these contain long quotes, which might not fit into a design, or might not be catchy enough.
You might want to look around the Fic Quotes thread, though. Pretty intresting. =)

~Alya~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vamperfly
Playing with Playstation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am loving the Commentarious and Scrivenshaft Kneazle ideas the best.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
thirty2flavors
Making Horcruxes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should make use of the word roomies, because it rules. Maybe something like "I love my roomies" with "ur.org" on the back or something.

<3
Kali
SapphireSilhouette
Fixing Vanishing Cabinets

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lovin' the idea of quotes from fanfic authors.

“Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Musetta
Talking to a Boa Constrictor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thirty2flavors wrote:
I think we should make use of the word roomies, because it rules. Maybe something like "I love my roomies" with "ur.org" on the back or something.

<3
Kali

Ashley (bhmn_balladry on LJ, vamperfly on here) suggested that one. :D
refrigerator.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
thirty2flavors
Making Horcruxes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? WTF. Okay I suck, haha, nevermind.

As far as fic quotes go, a reoccuring one in "The Not-So-Secret and Completely Manly Diary of James Potter" by newyorkcitycop that I adore is the

ME, SIRIUS & REMUS: 479
PETER: 2
lilydarling

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the quotes from fics ideas.
Okay- you guys. I saved this once, and I CANNOT FIND THE STORY.
It says, "Life pales in comparison to what sje could have now. She is addicted, and there is no twelve step program to help her."

I know it's from UR. Who's fic is it?

Goodbye, darling.

Love you, dearly,
Rachel
lilydarling

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOT ONE.
"Make lots of sexually awkward babies."
-SBP

(it's an icon)
Shoebox project. ^^^

Goodbye, darling.

Love you, dearly,
Rachel
vamperfly
Playing with Playstation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's Twelve Steps by Falseeyelashes. It's in my favorites if I you want to find it there.

Could we put SBP stuff on clothes? We'd have to check with them about that.
But if we could, that would be amazing.

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
If you were a door
I would slam you"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SapphireSilhouette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MAN! If we get the Shoebox girls to agree with it, there are SO many quotes that could be put on clothes.

"You and the words 'manly rage' go together like ketchup and pudding." One of my favorites. =]

“Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.”
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gulistanlik
Being the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kali what was the 479 and the 2 for?

Is it a Worm? Is it a Whale? No it's a ....?
thirty2flavors
Making Horcruxes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm I suppose no one got it/it oesn't make sense out of context. I don't know how to explain it, either. Kind of like a tally? That people keep for the sake of humour? Like when people ay "score one for Kali!" or something, if someone makes a really witty remark, or something like that? I dunno. This explanation makes no sense.

Oh Shoebox is amazing. I love the roses are red quote so much. I agree, their quotes would be AWESOME, but I can see why they wouldn't agree to it, either, at least not without a cut of the profit (in which case it may negate the purpose of it all anyway).

<3
Kali
Gulistanlik
Being the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, for fic quotes, the author would have a right to claim some of the profits. So you would either have to ask them if they would not do it, or just totally steer clear of fic quotes. Personally, if it were quotes from my fics (like that would happen. Pfft.), I wouldn't really care.

Is it a Worm? Is it a Whale? No it's a ....?
thirty2flavors
Making Horcruxes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no, you' have to ask them, I just think that a large portion of authors on UR wouldn't mind much, because the profit goes to UR; Shoebox is entirely unrelated to UR, so they might not be so keen on the idea. If people wanted to use something from Silly Love Songs, more power to them, so long as I know about it -- but you can see how other people might not agree. Especially something like Shoebox, being the cult-classic that it is.

<3
Kali
vamperfly
Playing with Playstation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Shoebox does agree and wants a profit, we could just make their items cost more than the others. I'm sure everyone would understand. Only...how would they receive their payment?

Shoebox quotes would be awesome, but maybe WE shouldn't produce merchandise relating to SBP. Because there is such a strong desire for Shoebox stuff (and a majority of their fans probably aren't on UR, too), someone could mention to them the possibilty of opening a Cafe Press Shop. We could be affiliates or something along those lines?
SapphireSilhouette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we shouldn't do shoebox quotes... as awesome as it would be. Shoebox is not connected to UR, and this is supposed to be about UR and supporting UR. Using Shoebox quotes wouldn't really work... =/

Eden
Unknowable Task Force (Staff)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By that reasoning, we can only use consenting authors from UR.
Alya1989262
Getting a Smeltings Stick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with SapphireSilhouette. There's no link between SBP and UR.
~Alya~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Unknowable Room Forum Index -> Suggestion Box All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Quick Reply

Jump to: